a little place I like to call home.

Capistrano Run Sequenced Tasks From CLI

May. 11, 2015

One neat trick that I found out about Capistrano 2.0 was the ability to run sequenced tasks via the command line. An example is this blog, first I run bundle exec cap build then bundle exec cap deploy. I don't want to add the build task as a dependency to deploy since I like view the site prior to deploying 75% of the time, the other 25% is quick updates and typos that I find edit, fix, commit, and deploy quickly. I'm not saving much, but just thought it was neat.

bundle exec cap build deploy

This will first run the build task and then run the deploy task. Simple and quick.

comments powered by Disqus