a little place I like to call home.

Video: E3D on Da Vinci

May. 12, 2015

I've finally did it. I got the Da Vinci 1.0 and the E3D hot end working. Well it isn't the E3D, but a Chinese clone working. I've decided to use a different method than I described in my Da Vinci 1.0 E3D Conversion post.

The first thing that I changed was that I used Oscahie's conversion instead of using Andy004's. For the primary reason that if I wasn't happy, I could easily switch back to the stock Da Vinci configuration.

I pretty much followed Oschie's modification with the exception that I didn't move the stepper motor up, I left it in the original position. This means that I didn't need to drill anything out, which didn't feel like I was taking a bigger risk by drilling and messing something up. The downside is that I lose about 28.7 mm on my Z-axis height, but I'm okay with that.

Here is a video of it printing something.

comments powered by Disqus