SBaronda.com a little place I like to call home.


Lighttpd Javascript Alias Issue

Jun. 11, 2015

Just had a wierd issue where my javascript was not loading. It boiled down to a alias in lighttpd that was causing the issue. The culprit is Debian package javascript-common which installs an alias to alias /javascript to a local directory.

The...

Read more



ESP8266 Awesome Little Device

Jun. 10, 2015

The ESP8266, wow, I'm impressed, such a cool LITTLE device. 32-bit processor, lots of RAM, lots of storage, WIFI, serial port, and 3.3V.

I've managed to get a couple of the Arduino demos working with it, it's not what you think, Arudino 1.6+ has support...

Read more



Video: E3D on Da Vinci

May. 12, 2015

I've finally did it. I got the Da Vinci 1.0 and the E3D hot end working. Well it isn't the E3D, but a Chinese clone working. I've decided to use a different method than I described in my Da Vinci 1.0 E3D Conversion post.

The first thing that I changed...

Read more


Capistrano Run Sequenced Tasks From CLI

May. 11, 2015

One neat trick that I found out about Capistrano 2.0 was the ability to run sequenced tasks via the command line. An example is this blog, first I run bundle exec cap build then bundle exec cap deploy. I don't want to add the build task as a dependency...

Read more


XYZ Da Vinci 1.0 Motherboard

Apr. 5, 2015

With me getting the lazy susan setup for the XYZ Da Vinci 1.0, I've finally started to work on the motherboard side for the E3D conversion. I've also got the new stepper motor installed, but need to finish up the new wiring of the printer.

I've taken...

Read more



Lazy Susan Mod for Da Vinci printer

Apr. 4, 2015

Newest modification is a lazy susan roller bearing to spin the Da Vinci printer around my table. The table that I'm currently setup with only allows access to the printer from the front. My solution to this issue is to install a cheap Lazy Susan roller...

Read more



Jemalloc In Ruby with ruby-build

Mar. 14, 2015

I've been tring to get into the performance groove lately and understand the memory allocations that occur in our Ruby applications. This has lead to look into using jemalloc to reduce fragmentation. There has been many discussions on the positives...

Read more


AVR Bit Assignment Hell

Feb. 26, 2015

I've been working on a project to reverse engineer a keyboard matrix. This keyboard came from when I used to volunteer for FreeGeek back in college. The controller board was long gone, but the pins were still there, so interfacing with AVR was rather...

Read more