May. 12, 2015
I've finally did it. I got the Da Vinci 1.0 and the E3D hot end working. Well it isn't the E3D, but a Chinese clone working. I've decided to use a different method than I described in my Da Vinci 1.0 E3D Conversion post.
The first thing that I changed...
May. 11, 2015
One neat trick that I found out about Capistrano 2.0 was the ability to run sequenced tasks via the command line. An example is this blog, first I run
bundle exec cap build then
bundle exec cap deploy. I don't want to add the
build task as a dependency...
Apr. 5, 2015
With me getting the lazy susan setup for the XYZ Da Vinci 1.0, I've finally started to work on the motherboard side for the E3D conversion. I've also got the new stepper motor installed, but need to finish up the new wiring of the printer.
Apr. 4, 2015
Newest modification is a lazy susan roller bearing to spin the Da Vinci printer around my table. The table that I'm currently setup with only allows access to the printer from the front. My solution to this issue is to install a cheap Lazy Susan roller...
Apr. 2, 2015
I've in the process of converting my Da Vinci 1.0 over to a E3D. I'm going to use a bowden extruder and I didn't want to modify much of the existing extruder setup, so I ended up buying an extra stepper from RobotDigg to use for the conversion.
Mar. 14, 2015
I've been tring to get into the performance groove lately and understand the memory allocations that occur in our Ruby applications. This has lead to look into using
jemalloc to reduce fragmentation. There has been many discussions on the positives...
Feb. 26, 2015
I've been working on a project to reverse engineer a keyboard matrix. This keyboard came from when I used to volunteer for FreeGeek back in college. The controller board was long gone, but the pins were still there, so interfacing with AVR was rather...
Feb. 23, 2015
At my employers we recently switched from using Google Hangouts to using Slack. We like the power it gives us with the ability to extensionize it. So for the first extension, I've decided that it would be nice to keep everyone in the loop with recent...
Sep. 26, 2014
After getting my milling machine up and running, finding software to do CAM work was difficult. Everything that I found was either way more expensive for me or didn't support running on Linux. If there was a decent free CAM software out there that...
Jul. 18, 2014
Recently got a new toy to mess with. It's the WL V911 which is a little 4 channel RC helicopter. The little 4 channel helpicopter is a micro size, which is about the a 8 inches long. This little helicopter is a good beginner helicopter after coming...
Mar. 20, 2014
I recently picked up the KBT Pure Pro keyboard off ebay after a person ended up breaking the USB port and ripped some of the traces. After spending a couple frustating hours on it I got it working.
The biggest gripe so far is the Del swapped with...